Lead Paint Dust
The lead paint issue is still big in houses that were build prior to
1978. Unlike what was once believed, it is not necessary for lead
paint chips to be eaten by curious toddlers for there to be a
medical issue. Lead paint dust can cause poisoning by being inhaled.
Some people wonder how much lead paint can be taken in this way.
After all how does one create this dangerous dust? It is simpler
than it looks. A window that is opened and closed creates dusts
particles so small that they cannot be seen. But, they are there and
they are dangerous to the health of both children and adults who
live in houses where lead paint was used.
The problem is worse in children especially younger ones who are
still very much in the growing stages. While adults may absorb up to
ten percent of the lead they ingest, children will absorb fifty
percent and more if they are breathing the lead paint dust in. They
are very susceptible to lead and the damage it can do. It can cause
awkwardness, pains in the stomach, a loss of interest in eating; the
child may become grumpy for no apparent reason and seem to always be
tired. If parents do not recognize these symptoms for what they are
the childˇ¦s health can continue to worsen until it becomes
If you are trying to sell or buy a house that may have been painted
with lead paint you will find that there is a lot of paperwork
connected to this. That is because the government is trying to
protect the health of buyers. The older houses seem to have a
different kind of lead paint dust. It is sometimes referred to as a
lighter weight dust. The fact is that it does not matter which type
of dust it is, all that matters it that it needs to be removed from
the air. This can be done with an ionizer. Ionizers make the dust
fall, getting it out of the air, and allowing it to be vacuumed up.
If your home has this dangerous paint on your walls you need to take
some action to keep the health of you and your family from